If your child has recently been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, you probably have a lot of questions and concerns. You’ve just entered this new world of blood sugar checks, hemoglobin A1c levels, insulin shots, and finger pokes.
It will take a lot of education to learn how to manage the disease, but you can do it.
Key points parents need to know:
- It’s not your fault. Many parents feel guilty and think, ‘Oh, I fed my child wrong,’ or ‘I gave type 1 to my child because it runs in my family.’
- Genes play a role, but it’s complex. And doctors don’t understand the environmental triggers very well either.
- If scientists don’t know what to do to prevent this condition, parents certainly don’t. Reassure your child that it’s not his fault either.
- Your child can have a normal life. He’ll be able to go to school, play sports, get a job — everything you want for him.
- You can handle this. You, your child, and the rest of the family will learn what you need to do, and your diabetes care team at your medical centre will provide backup for you.
- You need a “home team” in addition to the diabetes care team. This includes key close family members, friends, teachers, school nurses, babysitters, coaches, and camp counsellors.
- Anyone who is closely involved in your child’s life needs to be educated about diabetes and what your child needs. After you gain confidence about handling the condition, you become an educator for the other people in your child’s life.
- Do diabetes together. Nutrition for a child with type 1 requires a lot of knowledge and self-control. Families who do best tend to be the ones in which everyone follows the same diet.
Managing juvenile diabetes is a difficult task. As a parent, Parent(s)need as much help as Parent(s)can get. Education is also very helpful in managing this condition. To find more information about juvenile diabetes, how to cope, and how to get involved with other parents, consult the following links.
IMPORTANT ADVICE: Ask your Doctor
- How does my diabetes care team work?
- What professionals will be caring for my child?
- What do you consider good diabetes control for my child?
- What are our goals for managing the disease?
- When do I absolutely need to call a doctor right away? When should I take my child to the emergency room?
- How do I reach someone for advice? What about after hours?
Medical Staff, thank you for this post. Its very inspiring.
I just couldn’t go away your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the diabetes information.
Is gonna be back incessantly in order to check up on new posts.
Wow, that’s what I was looking for, what a material! existing here at this web site, thanks admin of this website.
Very energetic article, I loved that bit. Will there be a part 2?
Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!
Your way of describing everything in this post is in fact good, every one be capable of simply understand it, Thanks a lot.
I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This piece of writing posted at this site is in fact good.
It’s really a nice and useful piece of information. I’m satisfied that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
I ƅlog often and I truly appreciate your content. This article has really peaked my interest. Ӏ will take note of your blog and keep checking for new information. I’ve subscribed to your Feed as well.
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and assert that I in fact enjoyed your blog posts. I will be subscribing to your blog.
Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to send you an email. I’ve got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.
I couldn’t resist commenting. Very well written!
I can definitely see your expertise in the article you write. This health sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you. Always go after your heart.
Excellent way of explaining, and good paragraph to obtain data about my presentation focus, would you mind if i am going to present this in my school?
Hiya! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa? My site covers a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!
I am really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog.
I couldn’t resist commenting. Perfectly written!
Remarkable issues of complicated topic being discussed here. I am very happy to peer your article. Thank you so much and I’m looking forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?
Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is great, as well as the content!
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your fеeds.
Right here at gluxus.com is the perfect site for everyone who really wants to find out about this diabetes topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
You certainly put a new spin on a topic which has been written about for ages. Wonderful stuff, just great!
Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you’re a great author. I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will eventually come back later on. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great posts,have a nice weekend!
WOW just what I was looking for.
I became honoured to obtain a call from my friend as he uncovered the important tips shared on the site. Reading through your blog write-up is a real amazing experience. Thanks again for thinking about readers just
like me, and I wish you the best of success like a professional in this area.
Thanks for this… I’ve been googling for this info for some time now but haven’t been able to get anything useful.
Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll certainly dig it and personally recommend to my friends.
I’m sure they will be benefited from this website.