The GLUXUS Health Inc. (“GLUXUS”, “us” or “we”) respects the privacy of the visitors and members to its websites. We want you to understand the types of information we collect and what we do with that information. GLUXUS offers several social networking sites, including www.Gluxus.com. GLUXUS’s websites provide a range of content hosting, communication, education and entertainment services and other services that may be offered from time to time (collectively, the “Sites”).
GLUXUS does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. GLUXUS requests that children under the age of 13 not use the Service nor submit any personal information to the Service. Since information regarding children under the age of 13 is not collected, GLUXUS does not knowingly use or distribute personal information regarding children under the age of 13. If GLUXUS obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database.
Information We Collect
When you use the Sites, we may collect the following types of information:
• Information you provide – You may be asked to provide personally identifiable information (“PII”) in order to register for Membership, use certain Services and/or obtain support from GLUXUS. This information may include your name, e-mail address, social networking page address (such as Facebook®), blog address and instant messenger user/screen name, e-mail addresses, user/screen name of those to whom you send content, as well as medical/health information (such as whether you have diabetes).
Members are not required to provide medical/health information to use our Service. If however, you choose to provide medical/health information in public areas of the site (Forum, public Groups, etc.) this information becomes public information.
Medical/health information entered in areas of the site that offer privacy/sharing settings (such as the myGluxus application, your profile page, your blog, photos and videos) are subject to the sharing settings or privacy settings you choose for your submission.
You should exercise caution when deciding whether or not to disclose your medical/health information. Use common sense: adjust your profile page privacy settings and sharing preferences, and keep your contributions search engine-safe to avoid sharing more about yourself than you feel comfortable doing. Other Members may also provide us with your e-mail address, user/screen name in order to send you content. We also collect other profile data including but not limited to personal interests, gender and age in order to assist Members in finding and communicating with each other.
• Log information – When you visit and use the Sites, our servers automatically record information that your computer’s browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your computer’s browser.
• Member communications – When you send e-mail to GLUXUS, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Sites. Remember that anything posted to a public area of the Sites can be accessed by the public, and can be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications.
At times the Sites may ask you for PII relating to third parties. For example, you may have the opportunity to send certain content to a friend by entering that friend’s email address. If you choose to use one of these services, GLUXUS stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Your friend may contact us at privacy AT tudiabetes.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
It’s Your Information, You Own It.
You own your PII, and we own what you decide to share with us. If you’d like us to destroy this PII, we will remove your Member profile at any time if you request it by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to remove any PII that is personally attributable to you within 10 days. Members may modify or remove any of their PII at any time through their account Settings.
Ways We Use Information
We hold the PII we collect from you and other visitors in aggregate form – similar to a counter – to compare website activity information about all of GLUXUS’s visitors collectively. We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of GLUXUS visitors who searched for a particular term, for example.
In addition to the above, GLUXUS will process your PII for the following purposes:
• Providing our Sites to you, including the display of customized Content and advertising;
• Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our Sites;
• Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
• Developing new services.
Furthermore, GLUXUS may use your PII without your prior consent when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such PII is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable.
If we propose to use your PII for any purposes other than those described in this Policy, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of your PII for those other purposes. We will not collect or use PII for purposes other than those described in this Policy unless we have obtained your prior consent.
California has passed legislation requiring certain specific disclosures be made available to California residents who use the Internet and provide information that may be used for marketing purposes. That legislation requires any business that discloses a customer’s PII to any third party for direct marketing purposes to provide the customer a method for obtaining the names, addresses and certain other specified details of anyone who might have received that PII.
We would like to offer this option to any Member, regardless of whether or not you are a California resident. As such, you may request this information from us by writing to:
We are not obligated to respond to more than one such request from you per calendar year.
Member profile information including members’ pictures and screen names, are displayed to people in order to facilitate Member interaction in the GLUXUS social networking communities. Email addresses are used for the purposes of inviting new friends to join GLUXUS, to add Members to Members’ friends list, and to send notifications related to the Sites. With the exception of inviting friends, adding friends, and notifications, a Member’s email address is not shared or displayed to people within a Member’s personal network. Members within a personal network communicate on GLUXUS with each other through the GLUXUS Sites, without disclosing their email addresses. Members’ full names are never directly revealed to other Members. To facilitate searching for and finding friends and acquaintances on the Sites, GLUXUS allows visitors to search for other Members using a series of criteria, such as name, hometown and type of diabetes.
We may also use a Member’s email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding the Sites.
If you are visiting GLUXUS from outside of the United States, please be advised that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our Sites, you consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Promotions, Sweepstakes and Contests
If you chose to enter a promotion, sweepstakes or contest hosted by GLUXUS or sponsored by GLUXUS and/or one of our partners, we (and/or our promotional partner) may ask for your name, address, and email address. You may be asked to provide additional information or to answer certain questions, some of which may be optional, in order to participate. We and/or our partner may contact you in connection with a particular promotion, such as a sweepstakes or contest, in order to update you of your status, administer the promotion, let you know that a promotion has ended, and for other purposes. Promotions that are hosted on the Sites may be sponsored by GLUXUS, may be co-sponsored by GLUXUS and another company, or may be sponsored by companies other than GLUXUS. Some or all of the data collected during a promotion may be shared with the sponsor(s) or companies indicated on the entry form. We may use third-party companies to generate and manage some of our promotional campaigns. We may share with these companies information about those visitors to our web site who participate in the promotional campaigns. This sharing is for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics.
Third-Party Advertising and Third Party Websites
GLUXUS is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites and services to which the Sites link, or of which the Sites or Service are a part, including but not limited to any third party service provider. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. We strongly suggest you review such third party’s privacy policies before providing any data to them.
Do You Have Questions?
We know that you may have additional questions regarding the privacy of your information when you access the Sites. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Below are the Terms of Service required by a typical provider of the platform we may use to offer myGluxus Global Village services.
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of this Network. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Network and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing this Network, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. This Network is not directed to children younger than 13 and is offered only to users 13 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this Network represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Network:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”, advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Network without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Network or prevent others from using this Network, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Network, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use this Network;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this Network or the content contained therein;
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Network or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Network or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Network for the purposes of automating logins to this Network;
- Post any content containing child pornography to this Network;
- Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Network – except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or “well-behaved” web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved”;
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Network’s infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this Network;
- Use this Network as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this Network or for using it for purposes unrelated to this Network); and
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this Network.
To provide notice of alleged copyright infringement on this Network, please see the DMCA Notification Guidelines.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Network to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these Network Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our Network platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Network Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of this Network are provided by this Network’s online service provider. However, the Network Creator of this Network controls the content, membership and policy of this Network, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this Network. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this Network you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this Network and participation with this Network.